Hello Aim Community!
We are excited to announce that our clinic has been given the go ahead to re-open by the Ontario Government!
We have been planning and preparing for our re-opening for several weeks and are taking every possible precaution to keep our community, patients, staff and practitioners safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here are some of the steps we have taken:
Slow & Cautious Re-Opening
As of Monday, June 1st we will begin treating patients.
We will be reaching out to our treasured patients but we do invite you to CALL 905-529-1222 or EMAIL email@example.com to book and discuss your appointment with a practitioner. This is being done to ensure that you are receiving the best care from us, prioritizing patients based on need and respecting your comfort in treatment.
All patients will be asked to wear a mask or face covering as they enter the clinic and are expected to use the hand sanitizer upon entry.
Everyone entering the clinic will be screened for COVID-19 by asking screening questions inline with the most up to date public health directives. They are changing weekly but will look similar to these questions.
1. Have you travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days or been in close contact with someone who has been outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
2. Have you had close contact with a sick person with any of the symptoms below in the last 14 days?
3. Do you have fever, chills, or new worsening cough or trouble breathing?
4. Do you have any of the following symptoms -sore throat, runny nose/sneezing, stuffy nose, hoarse voice, trouble swallowing, loss of sense of smell, headaches, unexplained fatigue, abdominal pain or vomiting or diarrhea.
As a further precaution, we will also be using a no touch thermometer
We are booking appointments to only allow one practitioner and one patient per appointment time slot. Please arrive on time as the appointment cannot be extended and will run only for the allotted time.
No Visitor Policy
Only patients are allowed in the clinic during their allotted appointment time. We will make exceptions if the patient requires support getting to and from appointment and then we ask that the support person remain in their car for the duration of the appointment, only returning to pick up the patient.
We have implemented additional cleaning and disinfection procedures to ensure a clean and safe environment for our patients, staff and practitioners.
· Hand sanitizer at entry/exit for patients
· Frequent staff hand washing & hand sanitizing
· Frequent disinfecting of all common areas for both patient and staff
· Frequent disinfecting of all door handles and high touch surfaces
· Disinfecting all beds and treating surfaces before and after each visit
Our staff and practitioners follow meticulous hand hygiene practices as per healthcare guidelines.
Practitioner Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
We will be wearing the appropriate PPE for the duration of the appointment with our patients.
Which will include Masks and gloves and may include gowns/scrubs. Some treatments may require no gloves, but this will be discussed on a per patient basis.
We are creating a queuing system to maximize space in the clinic and improve patient flow. We will be using environmental cues around the clinic to support and encourage physical distancing, including signage and using tape on the floor to encourage distancing. We are limiting the number of practitioners and patients in the facility/rooms/open gym area as per Public Health guidelines.
We are encouraging all staff who can work from home to do so in an effort to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Our staff and practitioners are all very excited to be back at the Clinic and providing treatment and relief to our much-missed patients!
As I am sure you can appreciate, this is new to us and as we move into the next week, we should have a better understanding of what our patients need and want and will send you updates regularly.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions by phone or email.
Stay safe & see you soon!
- Dr. Tony & the Aim Clinic staff